We’ve been helping individuals right across the financial services sector gain FCA Approved Persons status ever since Thistle started life in 2012.
We’ve dealt with every kind of Approved Persons application, from the simplest to the most complex. We make the process as painless as possible, saving you both time and stress.
We also help firms with the new Senior Manager & Certification Regime (SM&CR). For further information on SM&CR, click here to visit our dedicated webpage.
Guiding you through the Approved Persons process
We know exactly what the FCA is looking for. We understand in detail what information it needs from individuals applying for Approved Persons status. We also know how responses should be framed to keep queries to a minimum.
We’ll support your application every step of the way. Before anything goes to the FCA, we’ll talk you through the questions in the application form, and all the information you’ll need to gather. We’ll alert you to any possible flags that might trigger questions or concerns from the FCA – and how best to address them.
We can help you complete the forms and check the information you’ve put together before you submit it to the FCA. If the regulator does come back with queries, we’ll help you with these. If appropriate, we can follow up with the FCA, so you know what’s happening with your application.
We can also provide training to make sure you’re fully equipped for your role. The regulator will sometimes request an interview before granting authorisation. If that happens, we can give you specific advice on how to handle this, and role-play the interview, so you’ll feel confident and well prepared.
We can also help firms recruiting for Approved Persons positions. For example, we can draw up role descriptions and sit in on interviews to make sure you find the right person.
How our Approved Persons process works
- We’ll provide an initial FREE consultation to discuss the Approved Persons role and how we can help – and then provide a quote for the support you’re looking for.
- We’ll supply you with the relevant FCA forms – and talk you through what information and supporting documentation the regulator requires.
- We can either review a draft form you’ve completed yourself – or complete it for you – as well as reviewing your CV and identifying any points we think might give rise to queries.
- We’ll deal with any correspondence you may need to engage in with the regulator – right through to approval being granted.
- We can provide access to our Knowledge Centre for Approved Persons training or provide one-to-one onsite training, if you prefer.
In short, we can help make sure your application is in the best possible shape to get you accepted as an Approved Person. We have the skills and knowledge to take the stress out your Approved Persons application – and extensive experience across a broad range of sectors.
You can trust Thistle with your Approved Persons application. We know exactly what we’re doing. To find out more about becoming an Approved Person, please contact us today. You can fill out the contact form on the right, email email@example.com, or call us on 0207 436 0630.